How to Stay Motivated For CrossFit When It Continues to Kick Your Ass
As fun and addictive as CrossFit is, we all run into slumps from time to time. But what do you do about it? Quit? Abso-freaking-lutely not! Reinvigorate your CrossFit practice and get motivated again.
Go. Just go.
Get your butt to the gym, even if you’re just there to do the motions. Not every session will be mind-blowing amazing. But if you at least go, you’re likely to draw some strength and motivation during your workout. Even if you don’t get motivated during, you’re sure doing a lot more than staying home and sitting on the couch. Motivation enough.
Shake your routine up!
Are you doing your WODs on your own? If so, get to your nearest CrossFit gym for a workout instead. The energy and camaraderie of other CrossFitters can be infectious! Feed off their energy and meet your inner athlete again.
Maybe you’re already at the gym? Take it outdoors then! The beauty of CrossFit is the flexibility. Take your WODs to the park, to the zoo, wherever! Just get moving and go somewhere different. A change in scenery will always reinvigorate the senses.
Find a CrossFit buddy
With CrossFit’s ever-growing popularity, it’s not hard to find someone else who’s already doing it, or is interested in starting up. Put your salesman hat on and get them to buddy up with you! Having someone hold you accountable for just showing up is sometimes the kick in the pants that you’ll need.
Take a break
Seriously ask yourself this question, are you burnt out? If the answer is a resounding yes, then take a break. You need it. Let your mind, body, and spirit recharge. Sometimes, you just need to refocus and it’s ok. But this is NOT a copout for being lazy! Dig deep and have an honest conversation with yourself to find out what your body and mind really needs.
Check out these inspirational quotes!
Sometimes, you just need a shot of inspiration to get those motivation juices running again. Hopefully, some of these will do the trick!
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs
- If you can dream it, you can do it. –Walt Disney
- We become what we think about. –Earl Nightingale
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
- The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. –Woody Allen
- Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. –Napoleon Hill
- You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. –Christopher Columbus
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. –Zig Ziglar
So get out there. We hope to see you bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and CrossFitting it up!
Latest posts by Samantha Chan (see all)
- Top 5 Secret Benefits of CrossFit Training - July 16, 2013
- How to Stay Motivated For CrossFit When It Continues to Kick Your Ass - July 12, 2013
- Women and CrossFit: 5 Myths to Dispel - July 11, 2013