Enjoy the fall season with this Paleo Chili Pumpkin Recipe.
Fall Pumpkin Season is here! This recipe is not only delicious, it is comforting to the soul. With a nice bowl of hot paleo chili and the essence of seasonal pumpkin make it the perfect healthy easy meal. Serve this at your next family function, enter a chili cook-off, or freeze up to two weeks for those colder nights ahead. This recipe is so easy, your friends and family will think you cooked it for hours!
While working hard at our company, WODshop.com, we need the energy and fuel to get us through the rest of the day. A Paleo diet allows our brains to function without the sluggish feeling after a meal. Paleo chili doesn’t include any legumes or beans in the recipe. I wanted to cook this paleo chili dinner for my family because of the saying: “Beans, beans the magical fruit… the more you eat… the more you…”. I won’t finish the rest of the saying, because I won’t be eating those beans! My family loves anything pumpkin flavor, and this particular squash has tons of natural fiber that makes you feel full without over eating. But with how delicious this paleo chili is, you might end up doing so! Bon Appetite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (15 oz) can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- Cilantro garnish (optional)
- In a large dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Brown the onion and garlic for a few minutes until they are. Add in the bell pepper and jalapeño (optional for a kick) and cook until soft.
- Drop in the ground beef and cook thoroughly. Once browned, add in the spices and stir. Then, add the tomatoes and broth. Simmer about 5 minutes then add in the pumpkin puree. Continue to cook for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend in well together.
- Serve while hot and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Enjoy this delicious and easy Paleo Chili Pumpkin Recipe from WODshop.com 🙂