Paleo Pancakes are a Comfort Food for Breakfast!
When my pregnant wife is craving sweets for breakfast like donuts, almond croissants, muffins, or buttermilk pancakes, then I have to stop her there! These paleo pancakes with banana come to the rescue! I become the best husband in the world by satisfying her morning sweet tooth. Not only do these paleo pancakes pack in a lot of protein, from the almond flour and eggs, she also gets her extra vitamins from the small amount of fruit I top them with. Grain-free is a healthy option for a pregnancy food that comes without guilt. My wife loves the spices I add because it reminds her of pumpkin spice. I whip up these paleo pancakes in just a quick 15 minutes before heading to work at WODshop.com.
About 5mins each pancake
3 Ripe Organic Bananas, mashed
3 Organic Eggs
3/4 cup Almond Flour or Meal
1 teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon All Spice
Organic Coconut Oil for cooking the pancakes
Pure Organic Grade A Maple Syrup (optional for topping)
- In your mixing bowl, mash the 3 bananas with a fork or use a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together, then add it to the bowl of bananas. Mix both ingredients together.
- Add the spices, vanilla extract, and the almond flour. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Place a small amount, about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil onto a hot pan, turn the heat down to medium heat, then spoon in the batter making about 4 inch pancakes or any desired size (depending on your pan size).
- Cook each pancake for about 2 1/2 mins on each side or until lightly brown on each side.
- Top with any fresh fruit as desired, or pure maple syrup. Enjoy!